HBI is proud to present a unique training opportunity for current and potential revenue cycle staff in the Los Angeles area. Offered through California State University Los Angeles and taught by real revenue cycle leaders at Cedars-Sinai, HBI created a semester-long curriculum that prepares students to work as a patient financial services representative in a healthcare setting. The Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate program will launch in January 2019!
We created this curriculum in response to many clients telling us how difficult it is to find qualified candidates for revenue cycle positions, and that many organizations don’t have the time or resources to devote to the immersive training that is necessary to effectively onboard green staff. Rather than just create more materials for our Research and Learning members to attack the issue once a person is hired, HBI decided to look at solutions from a different angle-through workforce development.
The course will reflect experiences in all aspects of the hospital revenue cycle, with a focus on payment variance identification and resolution. Students will earn a certificate as a Revenue Cycle Administrator after successfully completing this course with an 80% or better. What’s more, Cedars-Sinai will offer up to two paid internships in Patient Financial Services to top students! The program is a great training opportunity for current revenue cycle employees as well!
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify main functional areas and key tasks in the revenue cycle
- Differentiate between compliant and noncompliant HIPAA practices
- Identify the benefits and best practices for preventing financial variance in the revenue cycle
- Identify best practices for successful communication and service
- Identify and interpret codes in various fields on the UB-04 form
- Identify key denial management practices and steps for following up of common denials
- Interpret an EOB (Explanation of Benefits) statement
- Identify typical appeal timelines and the most common issues causing underpayments
- Differentiate among CMS prospective payment systems
- Demonstrate the procedures needed to deal effectively with a claim denial
The 15-week program will meet on Wednesday evenings from 6pm – 9pm at Cedars Sinai Patient Financial Services office in Los Angeles.
Want to learn more? Contact us here at HBI and head to the CSULA website: http://www.calstatela.edu/page/healthcare-revenue-cycle-administration-certificate-west-la
Want to learn more? Reach out by filling out the form below.